Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spinspiration

Menswear's new look courtesy of Sportswear International 
Very few men's magazines spark interest these days in terms of face value or cover design. They usually feature beautiful women in tasteful states of undress or the plain smiley celebrity we've grown accustomed to.  These formulas don't always invite you to go, buy and read their issues...

And I've applauded publications that nail the outside as well as the inside, among them is Sportswear International. Fallen in love I've been, with this publication and to this very day, I still love the cover and issue they sent me over, all the way from Germany (much love to team Sportswear International). For me, it was one of the most memorable, iconic magazine covers I've seen.

Now, they've done it again. Sportswear International takes publications and men's fashion for a spin. On the cover is a well-styled, almost period-looking Aiden Andrews & Charlie France. Though spare on the font and color department, the clean slate does justice to this simple yet brilliantly styled cover. The awesome colors on the clothes, the pieces, I mean, it's just a breath of fresh air. Loving it is an understatement. Check out the rest of the photos they've got inside, and I tell you, they're spectacular. The bike is genius. It's as much of a star as the clothes and the models are. Great photography too. I just love, love, love it. Thank you Sportswear International for taking us all on major fashion spinspiration. Still wishing you'd sell here in Manila. 






The cover to beat. Billions of thumbs up.


- Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment