Monday, October 17, 2011

A Dolce, Dolce dream

Mmm, who's too good-looking for everyone else?
Noah Mills. 
This look was in my dreams. Kevin or Jonathan Ferreira de Sampaio
Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Once I had a dream.
Cringe all you want for those who would cringe, but it was of a Dries Van Noten. I remember it perfectly. Maybe it was in Milan. Maybe it was in Paris, I'm not sure...Never been to any of these places before, but I've seen pictures. I still love that jacket. Jacket # 44. That jacket that Robert Pattinson wore to some award show. I loved it so much, I made it my profile picture on Facebook. That's how I measure things I want to buy. If I really love something, I buy it. I'll love it so much/I love it so much, that even if the world ends and God judges me, he'll know I'm telling the truth. 

Now, I'm feeling it again. This strong, strong urge to go brave a store, swipe my low-limited card and swallow and smoke hard cause it'll be a major stress to pay my debts back. That's love. That's bad. That's an ugly feeling. Patience, must apply here. I'm talking about Dolce & Gabbana, Spring 2012--- I just fainted and got back up to finish this post

I could not afford Dolce & Gabbana now. I wish I could. I wish I could, cause I honestly wouldn't want to settle for a high-street label that looks like a Dolce & Gabbana. It's beautiful. All I blabbed about some months ago when Menswear Spring 2012 showed was Zegna. Sure it's La Vie En Rose, but it's too immaculate for me. Too pretty. Too pristine. And I'm none of those. Dolce & Gabbana for Spring 2012 was a hard collection to fall in love with compared to Ermenegildo Zegna. Fishnet, loose shapes and colors that weren't all flattering were only three of my concerns. But everything else were putting me on a spell, Nina Simone style. 
I'd actually wear all of this.
Patrick Kafka, your hair is divine.

I'm guessing this is Jules' camera.
And I'm guessing this is Travis Davenport?



Before, I thought Dolce & Gabbana was tacky. Seriously. But that was when I knew so little of the world. Not that I know so much now...But as I grew older, I found myself liking the rugged elegance of Dolce & Gabbana. Something that could stand perfectly opposite Bottega Veneta. Actually, scratch that. It's not Bottega, it's more of Jil Sander---cause Jil's all experimental elegance (or maybe not...). Point is, Dolce & Gabbana has been bringing a relaxed, masculine and Italian chic mood to recent years. Something that I've grown a taste for, not cause I live the life, but just because it's aspirational for me. A style I'm finding myself hungry for. I want to attend major events in Dolce & Gabbana style, go on vacation in Dolce & Gabbana style, go to work in Dolce & Gabbana style. If only I could wear those jumpsuits, I would. That's how much I love Dolce & Gabbana now. 

And I did dream about wearing Dolce some days ago. It's just coming back to me now cause I'm doing research for an upcoming event (you know, what I'll be wearing). Then I remembered Dolce. So my dream-all I remember, was seeing myself sporting those huge black sunglasses in a fishnet top layered over the same maroon,brown shirt, tucked in loose dark gray trousers rolled up to show real cool gladiator sandals. It was good-looking. In real life, I might have a little apprehension sporting this, but I believe soon, I will have the guts to do so.

Now, I'm tired, rambling about Dolce & Gabbana. Its genius, really, how fashion captures a mood and it just keeps on painting photos and dreams in people's heads, even for those who could not afford them (yet)...I guess that's the reason why no matter how hard I try to shrug it off, my love for fashion and style just never dies...May be shallow, but to an extent, fashion does give you a bar to reach. It gives you lots of room to dream and most of all, gives you lots of reasons to work hard.

I'm off to sleep, in hopes of waking up finally able to wear AND buy Dolce. (dreaming on now. :)) )

All cool photos from Dolce & Gabbana

Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment