Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Soul

You could never go wrong with great music. Music that just goes deep and cool and sounds terribly, terribly awesome. These songs will make you want to reach out at the top shelf and mix yourself a drink., yes, even when it's just a cold, cold glass of water. They're that good.

I highly recommend these songs. They suit lots of moods and still somehow play well into one playlist. It's Monday tomorrow, so better enjoy what you can and have. And maybe these songs get you by the work week too! Happy listening!



That brunette stunner, too beautiful. Plus the guys look all too well. And the song is amazing.
Nothing wrong here.



Nick Waterhouse is starting to shape up into one truly promising kid.
Can't wait to hear more from him. Gives you all that 50s-60s old school rock n' roll/R n' B vibe.

Miguel is pure talent. That's it. After I learned of him, there was no turning back.



Well, the very first CD that I bought was Justified. And I've been a Timberlake fan since.
That Girl reminds everybody that he's king and he's respected for many, simple reasons.
Smoooootttthhhh...


Definitely an oldie, but a goodie. Whenever I hear this, I can't help but smile.
Sam Cooke's one of my all-time favorites.


I know Cee-Lo has a voice. But him singing One on One with Daryl Hall is a whole different level.
Especially by the second chorus, he just sounded aaaa-mazing.



Allen Stone's voice is one of those voices you'd want to kill to have. He could sing anything.
And Contact High is A++++. No non-sense, but good.



I'm starting to become a fan. Charles takes old school seriously. Turn this up and you're transported.
He's one to watch...



Is there anything else that we have to say about the Queen of Soul? American Idol's Kree Harrison,
my favorite, covered this and she did a great job. But nothing compares to the original.



- Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment