Sunday, December 9, 2012

Magazine Moments

Sean on top of the world, literally and figuratively
for DSection
Coming clean here. Lately, I've been pretty dry on the magazine department. I still read and have the titles that I work for and they're good. But I'm not as excited over magazines and titles like before. I don't know what it is, but the some of titles I've been seeing lately haven't been as inspiring as they should be. For people like me, what gets printed ought to be magical, amazing, inspiring, relevant and should aim for an iconic, star-making moment for the people responsible in making an article, a photograph, a cover. And after growing up going through magazines and having invested myself in an appreciation for beauty, I've clung to the power of an image or a title and how, in a single issue, photograph, moment they successfully capture a feel, a mood, a piece of history. There are a few titles that are able to do this and I hope there were more.

I wish I could see more of these kinds of photos, people and magazines around. While the country already has its slew of great quality publications, I'll one day be sure that we could make more titles that are able to create, influence and hopefully change the landscape or add to the beauty that we already enjoy. Fingers crossed, I'd be able to contribute to this too. In the meantime, while we wait for this to come true, here are some of the greatest magazine moments I've seen this month.

Jessica Chastain as the canvas of four artists.
One of 4 inspiring covers.
@ W Magazine


Give me gold and black anything anytime, a great-looking model, great hair and lots of powder
and I'd be happy.
Prestage @models.com

Loving that splash of red on the side of this Costume National dress
Anna Schilling as Frida Kahlo for VOGUE Mexico
@models.com

Elia Cometti can do no wrong.
Never is Too Much on ODDA magazine
@models.com


Carla Bruni Sarkozy is beautiful! Possibly one of French VOGUE's better covers lately
@VOGUE Paris

Colors are fantastic. The suit. The surfing. Why wouldn't this be inspiring?
Wet Suits on Homme Style
@models.com


When Snow Falls.
Beautiful! @models.com


Mikkel Jensen. I'm really, really excited for you!
for Cover magazine
@models.com


- Gerard









No comments:

Post a Comment