Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Story Teller

This photo has always haunted me...
Paul Newman and this beautiful lady
And the results?
You know when days are just so beautiful and the things you see are just incredible that you feel like you're about to burst of inspiration? That was today...When it seemed like everything went for me....(that test, my History of Ideas test, wasn't one of them though)....
Even Laur Lim seemed to have molded well for my inspiration. Check the Institution of Style for our "couple" picture.

And finally....Here it is....
The best one we got, thank you to Lesley "Le Sizzle" Choa, who's always the patient, cool girl I love

That's a whistle...Guess what song?


Donald Duck the bag by Tj "Chort" Estrada


The "working man's" bracelet and the silver braided one from Tj "Chort" Estrada
Watch my great, Lolo Pete's
The rosary bracelet from LSM


It's not just Paul Newman's photo that figured well for me today...
It was that dream of my Lolo that visited me and influenced my sartorial choices for the day. The dream was happy, he was wearing something red and he was pointing at something that he told me he was waiting for. It seemed that when he'd visit me in my dreams he's always happy and wearing such memorable clothes, probably the reason why I've taken to loving the ones I've inherited from him more (this one I'm wearing is of course, part of that collection). And finally taking to school Tj Estrada's (as you know one of my bestest friends) birthday gift for me two years ago, the Donald Duck bag proved an amazing hit and an unexpected bit for my outfit. People loved it and I loved it even more because it had a story, one that was special for me since Tj knew exactly what I had wanted and knew that there was nothing like it out there. The bracelets too are from him...
And after seeing how our photos (meaning Laur and Mine's and of course, Lesley's masterpieces) told so much---at least for me, I realized that great relationships make great style too...

Of course, it's not my whole claim to fame, that I have great style, but I guess what I'm trying at is a conclusion that when clothes are storied well with great people as makers, givers and simply other people who have the same value for style, clothes aren't just for keeping you warm or cool or decent or even about fashion per se...They become like amazing Penguin Classics, bound by fantastic paper, worded with elegant writing and stories worth leafing through over and over again...

Too sappy? Well, that's life... So far, my favorite post for this blog...

Dedicated to my late great Grandfather, Lesley the master lensman, Laur the "quirky" half of our "quirky" couple and of course, Tj, one among my bestest, most promising tastemaker friends ever...

NOW, I can sleep well. (hahaha).

-Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment