Friday, January 7, 2011

Love Me Back

So Bob gave me back my mom's USB (it's a long story) yesterday and I guess, as a gift, he gave me Jazmine Sullivan and R. Kelly's new albums. Now, I introduced Jazmine Sullivan to Bob and he liked it...Of course I knew he would. One of the best connections Bob and I have would be our musical preferences...I'd say 70% of what I listen to, he does to....

But Bob introduced me to Jazmine Sullivan's latest album which is ten million times better than her first. There's more grit and less of her low, drawling ways in this one, which I think makes for a soulful-er (God forbid) listen...
And Jesus Christ, she could really sang... This woman ought to be recognized more, cause she's one of those rare kinds that could bridge mainstream and that sorta selected, snobbish few who knows of her. I love her. I really do.

Love Me Back should be nominated for a grammy...She deserves a grammy, not just another nomination. 

Here are two of the finest songs I've heard in a while...
And as you know, it's about love...

A slightly higher-keyed version of Excuse Me 

If falling in love sounded like this, call me everyday the fool cause this has got to be how it sounds like...I might've forgotten, but it really tore me down. She sings so great, sounds fantastic and the lyrics are so simple, but are crazy amazing...
I'd like to take this one to the city, walking out---while it's cold, heading somewhere in the night and it's all glowing lights and your smiling, just because you feel like you're in love too even when there's absolutely no one there...It's that beautiful a song...I'd say one of my favorites of all time....
I've been searching for songs with the same tempo, the same sound....And if you know any, please do give me your suggestions...I'd love them.

Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)

This one's true upbeat rnb...And it talks about wanting to go, but never having the guts too cause maybe you just love somebody too much...That it feels like you're going in circles....Amazing how she sounds during the chorus...I just love her voice I want to marry her.

Amazing music right here and without Bob, I might've discovered this too late...

-Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment