Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Hopper kind of Night

Evening by Edward Hopper

Edward Hopper is one of my favorite painters of all time. I've grown to appreciate his pieces, men and women in a certain kind of detached ease or solitude as if the world was theirs alone. It's peaceful and calm and easy to relate to, unlike some contemporary art works (and they say that the art you favor reflects you and your life...). I'll find me a Hopper in the future, hang it somewhere in my house...But I'd still get me an R. Toledo for my room.
Not that I'm looking at Evening better it kind of reminds me of Zodiac the movie...I don't know why. Maybe it's cause of the 50s-60s feel to it.
This is really the kind of evening I know I enjoy. Well, not exactly in period clothing with a blonde girl out on a porch that does not resemble our own, but something like a Hopper kind of night, peaceful, quiet and relaxed. And if Chet Baker's on, then it's all too moody and cliche. hahaha
Hmmm...

-Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment