Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beauty by Camus and Ton

This just wowed me. It's this close to being perfect.
Bette Franke by Tommy Ton for Style.com

Might've been the big F. Scott Fitzgerald fan in me that has taught and changed my perception of beauty that beauty, in whatever way, is best enjoyed when its fleeting, moving and easily burned. Not to say that all things ugly ought to stay while things beautiful should only last for seconds. But it's probably the best way to have it. 

It's always that empty and yearning feeling beauty leaves that you set out your life for, something I obviously picked up from The Great Gatsby, and as Khalil Gibran said (my all time favorite quote) " We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting..." So what beauty is, actually is the great heaven or nirvana that you chase after and design your life for. Once encountered, you will definitely want to look at it more, love it more, be with it more until finally, you completely understand and get what it is and what makes it beautiful. 

So imagine just how happy I was after seeing this photo of Bette Franke by Tommy Ton. It is everything I have pictured "beauty" to be in today's context. She is effortlessly put-together, very stylish , a human being in fact, but somewhat someone above us...Truly beautiful. If I had been there, I'd sigh and have the memory of her breezing by tattooed in my head. I know it might be too much of a reaction, but if what I see everyday is this beautiful, I would be literally, on a high. Albert Camus puts the feeling best in words. 

"Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time." --- Albert Camus

Just plain beautiful.

- Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment