Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Under the Weather

Well, someone looks miserable...It's the attempt...I ought to stop feeling like this.


Photo by Lesley Choa


I wrote this poem, for a story I'm working on and I had all the urges to pair it up with these photos, but had opted against it. Not only does the poem ring such a different sentiment from these ones I have---which, by the way, looks pretty miserable because I look miserable, but Lesley, nevertheless has done a splendid job, but I'm having "Under the Weather" syndromes: too lazy, too moody, too happy, too schizo...It's bad. And that's what they teach us in school, to be masters over our moods instead of being slaves to them, but you can't blame me for falling trap under such changing weathers. Last week (this picture was taken) was pretty cool, and then this week, it's starting to warm up for summer...Which is also one reason why I couldn't blog as much, aside from the work I have.

Hopefully this week or next, I'll start getting on steady blogging. I've been missing this too you know and it's my kind of therapy. 

This look, I really love. Well, I'm starting to love. If I tell you who inspired it, and if the person reads it, there's going to be a lot of trouble. So, this look I'll just say is inspired by someone from school. People who can't pick context clues well might call me copying, but that's so highschool. Anyway, I just remember waking up to this day, and the first thing that comes to mind is that person's one look. I loved it cause it really relaxed but at the same time spelled out a pretty cool attitude. And just like Henry Fielding's "Fashion is the science of appearance, and it inspires one with the desire to seem rather than to be", I'm not necessarily trying to be someone, but it's an attempt to emulate something that I admire from someone. Don't worry, you might've lost me there, I lost myself too. hahaha... But I really do like this look. Thanks to my favorite Uncle Ed for the nice hoodie/plaid shirt. You know, I never thought I'd be able to like these sort of hybrid clothing items, like a cardigan with a hood (that's still not something I'm open to), but this one I really like. Probably cause my uncle knows exactly what I want, sometimes knows better.

P.S. No more under the weather posts after this....I'll try... 

-Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment